Miss Chick Contest
Time & Location
About the Event
This contest is sponsored by Versailles Savings & Loan Company and Versailles Poultry Days, Inc.
The preliminaries are at noon on Friday of the festival and finals will be held at 2:00 p.m. on Saturday of the festival. Both preliminaries and finals will be held at the festival grounds located at 459 S. Center Street, Versailles in the former high school gymnasium.
- Contestants must be females; 16 years of age by the day of the contest, and no older than 19 years of age (Limited to graduating seniors of the current year)
- Contestants must reside in Darke County or any contiguous county (Miami, Mercer, Montgomery, Shelby, Auglaize, Preble, Jay, Randolph and Wayne).
- Early applicants will receive a discounted entry fee of $5 payable by the sponsor or contestant.
- The early application deadline for entries will be July 18th. After this date contestants will be subject to a $10 entrance fee.
- Final Deadline for entries is August 1st.
Sponsors: This contest is open to all high school organizations (including athletic teams, clubs, band and musical), 4-H clubs, and businesses in the same geography as the contestants. A list of potential sponsors and contacts is available from the pageant chairpersons if contestants should require help in securing sponsorship. Registration form can be completed online at Miss Poultry Days Contest Registration.
Contestants will be judged on the following basis:
- Appearance - 25%
- Clothing - 25%
- Poise, ability to speak, platform presence - 25%
- Personal Interview - 25%
Miss Chick Contestants are invited to be in the parade Saturday morning at 11:00 a.m. Each contestant will need to supply her own transportation and identification signs for the parade and register for the parade. Miss Chick and Court will have transportation and signs provided.
Miss Chick and Court must attend Poultry Days activities throughout the weekend. Members of the Miss Chick Court must be mindful that they represent Versailles Poultry Days to the public throughout their reign. Court members are required to be respectful and courteous ambassadors for the festival at all times. This policy encourages the court to take responsibility for their actions, including the use of social media (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, personal, blogs, etc.) Versailles Poultry Days reserves the right to request removal of inappropriate posts, comments, and photographs. Failure to comply will result in disciplinary action up to and including removal from the Miss Chick Court and forfeit of any prizes/money awarded and is decided at the discretion of the Poultry Days Board.
- The chosen Miss Chick will receive flowers, a plaque, crown and $1,000
- First Runner-up will receive flowers, a plaque and $400
- Second Runner-up will receive flowers, a plaque and $200
*Miss Chick and Court will have the privilege of representing Versailles Poultry Days at other Ohio Festivals until the next Miss Chick is crowned. Miss Chick and Court will receive their cash and prizes at end of their festival year on condition they have fulfilled their obligations.
- Personal Interview: Friday, Noon
- Miss Chick Contest: Saturday, 2:00 p.m.
Questions & additional information:
- Amanda Borchers - 937.564.2539
- Madelyn Bartsch - 937.564.2538