2021 Flower Show
Time & Location
About the Event
Sponsored by: Versailles Garden Club
Location: Bus Drivers Meeting Room (old school building)
Registration: Friday, June 11- 9:30 a.m - 11:30 a.m.
Judging: Friday, June 11 - 1:00 p.m.
Friday, June 11 - 3:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Saturday, June 12 - 12:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Sunday, June 13 - 12:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
RULES AND INFORMATION: The theme for this year’s flower show is “A Village of Champions". The following are the general rules and categories for the four divisions of the show. Karen Mescher should be contacted with all questions at 937-423-5822.
- Entries must be set up between 9:30 am and 11:30 a.m. on Friday June 11, in the bus driver’s meeting room; enter in the back of the old school.
- Entries are open to everyone. Open judging will begin at 1:00 p.m. on Friday, June 11, as room allows.
- Artistic Arrangements may contain materials of designer’s choice – including fresh cut, dried or treated plant material. Accessories are permitted; however, no artificial plant materials are permitted.
- Specimen flowers must be grown by the exhibitor.
- An exhibitor may make any number of entries in Class B Roses and Class C Specimens as long as each is a different named variety.
- One entry may be made by each exhibitor in each division of Class A.
- Entries must be removed between 6:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. on Sunday, June 13.
- Entries in Class B and Class C must be correctly named according to its specific variety.
DIVISION A: ARTISTIC ARRANGEMENTS – THEME: “A Village of Champions”
Contact Karen Mescher for specific theme arrangements
DIVISION B: SPECIMENS – ROSES
- Hybrid Tea – Named Variety
- White or Near White E. Orange, Orange Blend or Red-Orange
- Yellow, Yellow Blend or Apricot F. Any Other Color
- Pink or Pink Blend G. Blown Rose
- Red or Red Blend
- Floribunda – Named Variety
- Grandiflora – Named Variety
- Miniature – Named Variety
- Old English – Named Variety
- Any Other Rose Variety – Named Variety
DIVISION C: SPECIMENS – PERENNIALS – NAMED VARIETY
- Spike Flower 3. Spray Flowers 5. Peony 7. Clematis
- Round Flowers 4. Iris 6. Lily-Bulb Specimen Only
DIVISION D: SUCCULENT GARDEN (can use accessories to enhance 16” or smaller garden)
Prizes may be picked up Saturday, June 12 or Sunday, June 13 during Poultry Days in the Show Room. Otherwise, include your phone number when registering.