Sponsored by the Versailles Garden Club
President: Ruth Peters
Flower Show Committee: Karen Mescher & Diane Hemmelgarn
1. Entries must be set up between 9:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. on Friday, June 10th in the bus driver's meeting room.
2. Entries are open to everyone. Open judging at 1:00 p.m. on Friday, June 10th. Premiums will be paid after judging.
3. Artistic arrangements may contain material of designer's choice-including fresh cut, dried or treated plant materials. Accessories are permitted; however, no artificial plant material is permitted.
4. Speciment flowers must be grown by the exhibitor
5. An exhibitor may make any number of entries in each dividion of Class B, Roses, Class C or Perennials, providing each is a different named variety.
6. One entry may be made by each exhibitor in each division of Class A, Artistic arrangements.
7. Entries must be removed by 6:00 p.m. on Sunday, June 12th.
8. Entries must be named to be judged.
Division A - Artistic arrangements
"A salute the the American Farmer"
1. Crop Circles
2. Little Red Hen
3. Amazing sunshine
4. Down on the Farm (novice)
First prize $7.00, Second prize $6.00, Third Prize $5.00, will be awarded for each division.
Division B - Specimens - Roses
1. Hybrid Teas, Named Varieties
A. White or Near White
B. Yellow, Yellow Blend or Apricot
C. Pink or Pink Blend
D. Red or Red Blend
E. Orange or Orange Blend and Red-Orange
F. Any other color
G. Blown Rose
2. Floribunda, Named Variety
5. Old English
6. Any oher Rose Variety
Division C - Perennials - Named
1. Spike Flower
2. Round Flower
First prize $3.00, Second prize $2.00, Third Prize $1.00, will be awarded for each division in Roses and Perennials. (NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGED OR STOLEN ARTICLES.)
Please see link below for tips for the flower show.
(Top to Bottom)
Best of Show Rose: Alan Monnin
Best of Show Perennial: Ray Rayburg
Best of Show Artistic Arrangement: Susan Ballinger