Poultry Days Flower Show Rules and Information
The theme for this year’s flower show is “Poultry Days Eggtravaganza” in compliance with the main theme of 2017 Poultry Days. The following are the general rules and categories for the three divisions of the show.
1. Entries must be set up between 9:30 am and 11:30 am on Friday June 9, in the bus driver’s meeting room; enter in the back of the old school.
2. Entries are open to everyone. Open judging will begin at 1:00 pm on Friday, June 9, as room allows.
3. Artistic Arrangements may contain materials of designer’s choice – including fresh cut, dried or treated plant material. Accessories are permitted, however no artificial plant materials are permitted.
4. Specimen flowers must be grown by the exhibitor.
5. An exhibitor may make any number of entries in Class B Roses and Class C Specimens as long as each is a different named variety.
6. One entry may be made by each exhibitor in each division of Class A.
7. Entries must be removed Sunday evening beginning at 6:00 pm until 7:00 pm on Sunday June 11.
8. Entries in Class B and Class C must be correctly named according to its specific variety.
Division A: ARTISTIC ARRANGEMENTS - Theme: Flower Eggtraviganza
1. The Incredible Edible Egg
2. Flower Eggtraviganza
3. Sunny Side Up
4. What Came First: The Chicken or the Egg – Novices (having never won 1st place in any Poultry Days Show arrangements)
Division B: SPECIMENS – ROSES
1. Hybrid Tea – Named Variety
A. White or Near White E. Orange, Orange Blend or Red-Orange
B. Yellow, Yellow Blend or Apricot F. Any Other Color
C. Pink or Pink Blend G. Blown Rose
D. Red or Red Blend
2. Floribunda – Named Variety
3. Grandiflora – Named Variety
4. Miniature – Named Variety
5. Old English – Named Variety
6. Any Other Rose Variety – Named Variety
Division C – SPECIMENS – PERENNIALS – Named Variety
1. Spike Flower 3. Spray Flowers 5. Peony 7. Clematis
2. Round Flowers 4. Iris 6. Lily-Bulb Specimen Only
Prizes may be picked up Saturday or Sunday during Poultry Days in the Show Room. Otherwise, include your phone number when registering
(Top to Bottom)
Best of Show Rose: Alan Monnin
Best of Show Perennial: Ray Rayburg
Best of Show Artistic Arrangement: Susan Ballinger